Infrared temperature readers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Is the Repti temp infrared temperature reader the best one to buy to measure the different areas in a russiàn torts enclosure? I have seen some in hardware stores and such and wonder if anyone uses one that is not branded for reptiles and if it just as good as the repti temp.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I purchased my temp gun from Fry's electronics. It is not a reptile specific one.

I love it. It was just shy of $40. I'm sure there at cheaper ones but we shop there regularly and it had good reviews.
I use it for so many things. :) great thing to have!

Btw, the Velcro dot is something I added. I keep it on the leg of my indoor enclosure stand.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Attachments

• 1369685445943.jpg
    1369685445943.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 27

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I still think the IR temp. Guns from Reptile Basic are the best. They have one that has a D:S ratio of 12:1 and a distance of up to 48" for less than 50$. I can really check all spots in an enclosure to see what the exact temps. Are. They have some higher end temp. Guns if you have some venomous lizards or snakes in your collection that will measure up to 10'

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have the pro exotics temp gun. I love it. I think Reptile Basics now sells them instead of pro exotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.