injured tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauren80

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dorset, England
I noticed a week ago my tortoise had injured his shell..its almost like a little chip on his side, either he has caught it or maybe the other tortoise has bit him? it bleed a little but didn't seem to be anything serious..and he seems happy. however, I has just given his a bath and noticed it is bleeding again, again its not pooring, not even trickling, but when I dried him there was a spot of blood on the towel? should I be worried? (i am worried!)

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 69

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I would clean it with a little hydrogen peroxide, and put on an antibiotic ointment - neosporin, bacitracin. A picture might help us help you.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
As yagyujubei said clean it and put some antibiotic ointment on it. he should be fine it does not look that bad

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Any chance we can get another pic showing the entire plastron? I see a lot of pink in the general area of the wound. Is this the one that was missing for a bit?

lauren80

5 Year Member
Dorset, England
044.JPG046.JPG048.JPG046.JPGYeah its the same one..I will take some pictures and up load them later, thanks for your help again!

here are three more pictures..also can anyone tell the sex? I am told he is a boy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
lauren80 said:
Yeah its the same one..I will take some pictures and up load them later, thanks for your help again!

here are three more pictures..also can anyone tell the sex? I am told he is a boy?

Yup, he's a male. :cool:

lauren80

5 Year Member
Dorset, England
Thanks for that! my other one we were told was female..then male, so looks like I definately have two boys! uh oh!

lauren80

5 Year Member
Dorset, England
Yeah thats what i am thinking...It would be a shame to separate them...but might be for the best? I will get another picture up to see if anyone agrees that 'Pebbles' is a boy (called Pebbles because he was originally a she!!!)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Agreed :) it's a male :D. I also agree with the antibiotic ointment (I'd go with a triple antibiotic ointment). I'm not seeing any other problems. :)

Danny

lauren80

5 Year Member
Dorset, England
Thanks...I put a picture on the other post of Pebble..looks like she is definately male..so my next question? am I kidding myself they can live together happily? or should I separate them/think about re-homing one? Thanks again

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
lauren80 said:
Thanks...I put a picture on the other post of Pebble..looks like she is definately male..so my next question? am I kidding myself they can live together happily? or should I separate them/think about re-homing one? Thanks again

Two males likely won't ever get along...sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.