Inside redfoot enclosure help

I'm building an indoor enclosure for my redfoot and was wondering what the best way to seal the wood on the inside would be? I have used drylok on enclosures before but the texture is almost like fine sandpaper and I'm afraid it will be too rough for him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Some use what you already mentioned, some line with pond liner, some uses shower curtain liners. Btw, the drylok should be fine. Don't forget what they live on in the wild. Besides, you will be putting substrate on top of most of it

@wellington I guess I was more afraid that if he tried to climb the wall or maybe rub his face on it it would cause him harm. If I use a pond liner at the bottom though it might eliminate that risk.

What would I use to adhere the pond liner to the enclosure?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe most just line it kinda tight to the sides and then fill. However, if you want it down permanent, I think any glue that will work on the type of material the liner you get is made out of will work. I lined my shed with the liner that goes under bathroom showers. Home Depot sells it either by the roll of by the foot and there is glue for that to that would probably work on pond liners too. Just be sure to let it all air out for a few days if there is a smell

Thank you Wellington I will have to make a trip to Home Depot tomorrow to check it out.

@johnp I have a heat lamp and a repti fogger and have never had s problem. I have the repti foger on the opposite site of the heat lamp though.

johnp

I do as well in a 40 gallon. I just see some fog coming through the heat lamp. Not much but wanted to make sure it wont short it out or even a fire.