Intro

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Helen welcome to the TFO from AZ . The bulling can start out as looks , or not letting the other one at the food or water . And then one morning you wake up blood maybe a toe , foot , or tail is gone . And you may want to think out letting the children hand feeding the torts cause the torts will learn little fingers have food and one day they will bite the finger and it will hurt a lot . And please I do have Russians and they are cute and fun !ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411019721.199393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Helen, and welcome to the Forum!

The tortoises shown in your pictures are almost full grown. Because they are wild caught, there's no way to tell their age, but my guess would be that they are older than 10 years. Pet stores are notorious for giving out wrong info. Because Russian tortoises are a small species, they think that the ones they have for sale must be babies. Not so. Your two won't get much bigger.

As to the fighting...if you really do have a pair, they probably won't 'fight,' but the male will hound the female, breeding her constantly. Just watch for that and give her some respite from his advances should it start happening.

puffy137

Hello Helen,I only have greeks , but as long as you keep an eye on them it should be ok , look on the bright side, you might have 2 females :):)

puffy137

Hi Abdulla , I'm wondering if you have ever been bitten by your Greek? Mine have never bitten me or drawn blood from each other !:D

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Hi Abdulla , I'm wondering if you have ever been bitten by your Greek? Mine have never bitten me or drawn blood from each other !:D
He tries to bite my hand, the urge stopped now. He had mistaken my hand for food in the past. I gave him a head rub today.