Introducing Aesop (Sri Lankan Star Tortoise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
torto_x said:
Btw, how can everyone here be so sure that the star baby they bought is a sri lankan, not indian?
Babies look all the same.
I gave up about this sri / ind issue. I guess in the end they call all the good lookin stars as sri lankan star,
and the regular or not so lucky one as indian star. Hehehe..

You are right....the babies look similar, but dishonest people would and will misrepresent animals.

You just have to get documentation about the origins and also know about the breeder.

There are only a handful of breeders working with true Sri Lankan Stars.

My group of Sri Lankans are F2s originated from John Grigus's group that he imported from 1988-1989

torto_x

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
gummybearpoop said:
torto_x said:
Btw, how can everyone here be so sure that the star baby they bought is a sri lankan, not indian?
I gave up about this sri / ind issue. I guess in the end they call all the good lookin stars as sri lankan star,

You are right....the babies look similar, but dishonest people would and will misrepresent animals.

You just have to get documentation about the origins and also know about the breeder.

My group of Sri Lankans are F2s originated from John Grigus's group that he imported from 1988-1989

am sure u got yours from the trusted source, just worried about other sellers out there.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
torto_x said:
gummybearpoop said:
torto_x said:

am sure u got yours from the trusted source, just worried about other sellers out there.

I was referred to several breeders from Dr. Zovickian. He along with a few other breeders were able to help me find true Sri Lankans along with documenting some of the history.

Status
Not open for further replies.