Introducing my RT hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Nelson was delivered yesterday while I was at work but my sister took pictures for me so I could pretend I was there!

He's very friendly and adventurous and he's also a good eater!! He ate some of his spring mix with TNT for breakfast this morning, and after work he ate some clover while he explored the field behind my house.

I love him SOO much!!!! I could sit and watch him for hours. He is just too cute!!

Anyways, I'll stop rambling and share some pictures!

His first picture in his new home :D
100_3438.jpg

Eating a little lettuce my sister gave him
100_3441.jpg

Of course when I got home from work this is all I got to see of him :rolleyes:
100_3460.jpg

His little "bath" this morning. He seemed to enjoy it!
100_3470.jpg

100_3475.jpg

Breakfast!
100_3482.jpg

100_3488.jpg

The cutest tortoise butt I've ever seen!!
100_3480.jpg

I'll post pictures later of his first adventure outside!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Boy, he really IS a teeny tiny baby! He still has his egg tooth. I didn't realize you were getting such a young baby. He's very cute, and you're very lucky he's got a good appetite. That's most of the battle, getting them to eat.

Yvonne

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Nelson is a little over 2 months old, I believe. I emailed the breeder to ask for the exact date he hatched but she told me a few weeks ago that he was about 2 months old.

eta: Okay I didn't notice the egg tooth in person but now that I'm looking at pictures it does kind of look like it in some pictures...is this something to be concerned about?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations!
Nelson is sooo cute :D
I love your pictures, I can't wait to see the pics of his first adventure outside :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
no, it just means that he is a young tortoise...REALLY a hatchling. It falls off at a certain point as they get bigger. Usually at a couple months.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Is it possible for him to be approximately 10 weeks old as the breeder said? Or would the egg tooth have fallen off by now?
I've tried to google this but to no avail- everything I've found says that the egg tooth falls off within a couple days of hatching...clearly not the case here!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Oh my hat Nelson is SUCH a cutie ! Such a litttttle baby! My FAVE pic is of him peaking at the side of the bowl, pic number 5 !! Congrats !!!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
its possible for him to be 10weeks and have a egg tooth. Nice tort. love russian tortoises.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nelson is adorable. He is eating and looks great Love the M designs on his shell. And I must admit he does have a cute butt. :p. Congratulations. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing of all his adventures.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Thanks everyone :)
Robyn I like his 'M' markings too!! I should have given him a name beginning with M! ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

What is wrong with you people??? It is VERY obvious that the 'M' stands for Mighty Maggie!!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oo yes he must be a fan of yours Maggie ;)
I also think the M's kind of look like bats... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.