Introducing the Mighty Shelldor! Tremble puny humans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byronie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chapel Hill, NC
We received Shelldor yesterday from Ben Siegel Reptiles in Florida. He weighs in at 43 grams and I just realized that I haven't measured him yet. He has great coloration and his skin is way more speckled than our first. He is very different from our first tort. He seems to be fearless and very outgoing where our first one was and still is slightly shy... I like him =) We currently have him isolated until we get both check for parasites...

Shelldor Face.jpg

Shelldor Top.jpg

Shelldor Bottom.jpg

Shelldor Head.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Trembling where I sit, so much I am making this quick....take mercy on me Mighty Shelldor.....LOL too fun.

He is magnificent..... :D

l4dyamethyst2011

5 Year Member
wow what a handsome fellow..... too pretty for boys..lol

hi there im sorry to sound like a complete dumb bum but I've noticed list and numbers at the bottom of some peoples posts and i think I've worked out that it means you own certain creatures but how does the number thing work 0.0.1????

Byronie

5 Year Member
Chapel Hill, NC
l4dyamethyst2011 said:
wow what a handsome fellow..... too pretty for boys..lol

hi there im sorry to sound like a complete dumb bum but I've noticed list and numbers at the bottom of some peoples posts and i think I've worked out that it means you own certain creatures but how does the number thing work 0.0.1????

i'm not fully sure the order but it is the #'s of adult males and females then babies. not sure if males or females are first. so if you have 2 males 3 females and 5 babies of a species it would go something like 2.3.5 or 3.2.5. again i'm not sure on the exact order except that babies go last ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
males are first, then females, then unknown last.

The Mighty Shelldor is a pardalis pardalis. Maybe your other baby is a pardalis babcocki?

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello and welcome to the forum. I love the name Shelldor. I am guessing that you are a Big Bang Theory fan:) Great pics, Shelldor is so cute!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
OhHai.jpg

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
emysemys said:
males are first, then females, then unknown last.

The Mighty Shelldor is a pardalis pardalis. Maybe your other baby is a pardalis babcocki?

Byronie, I just looked at a previous post of yours, and it appears that your other baby is a pardalis babcocki as Yvonne suggested. I could be wrong, or it could be a cross of the two subspecies, but the pics of your yearling do not look consistent with the typical pardalis pardalis markings. I would guess you paid more for this most recent hatchling? This one definitely has the characteristics of a pardalis pardalis.

l4dyamethyst2011

5 Year Member
I've done the signature bit, can anyone tell me if it's been done correctly please, I have a dog (boy) called Alfie, a cat ( female) called autumn, a tortoise ( male?) called munster and a parrot (female called AME.

1.0.0 rough coat jack russel "ALFIE"
0.1.0 tortoiseshell calico cat "AUTUMN"
1.0.0 western hermanns "MUNSTER"
0.1.0 orange winged amazon "AME"

Status
Not open for further replies.