Introducing Walter the Cherry Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

One8toh8

5 Year Member
Hello All,

I just wanted to take this moment and introduce you all to Walter the Cherry Head and myself. I purchased Walter on 8/8/2013, he/she is a Cherry Head Red Foot hatchling. Right now I have him in a 45 gal glass aquarium (I know this is not ideal for them, but what I have for now). I also have a 40 gal breeder that i may move him to. He has a 75w heat bulb with a reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb, water dish and feed plate as well as hide. I will be building a torttable here in a few weeks. The substrate I'm using right now is coco smooth, I don't really like it so I'm going to be switching it to mosser lee Spanish moss. he stays in the hide pretty much all day and night until I take him out and wake him to eat. Right now I have only feed him romain, and muzuri tortoise diet (any and all suggestions are welcome). So with out further a due here is Walter.

This is the day I got him

This is him today eating out of my hand, which was pretty awesome.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Very handsome Walter you have there. Aquariums aren't as bad as you may have heard. They keep good humidity. I bigger variety of food would be good. Check out the tortoisetable.org for ideas.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! He (or she) is so bright and beautiful. :) Have you checked threads in the Redfooted tortoise section and especially Mark's tortoise library?

One8toh8

5 Year Member
No I haven't had a chance to do that yet, im also a member of turtle forum as well. I spend most of my time there, due to having a few aquatic turts. The tortoise thing is new to me. I will be getting another cherry head in a few months I just want to make sure the I have now works out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.