Introduction

Skip Dog

If you want short cuts get a cat and just let it run outside til it gets hit by a car or a predictor eats it ! But with torts these smart tort people work together to already have most of the best short cuts ! Have a great tort day. !

I really don't understand what you are trying to say here. I wasn't an English major.

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Oh boy another one who hasn't done there homework...First off hello and welcome to TFO. Tortoises need a lot of upkeep and cost a lot to set them up correctly, especially young ones. For your sulcata you will need a closed chamber tank, closed chamber tanks do several things, 1. They keep moisture in (which in baby tortoise world is a must), 2. They maintain ambient heat better (which in baby tortoise world is a must), 3. They prevent pyramiding (if you do 1 & 2 correctly). You will need a 65watt incandescent flood light and a 100watt or so (depending on tank size) heat emitter. You will need coco coir (as main substrate) and new Zealand sphagnum moss (to put on top of coco coir in his hide). You will need a Rubbermaid shoebox turned upside down with a hole cut out of a long end just big enough for him to get into it as a hide. You will need a Terra cotta plant reservoir for both food and water. You will need to feed him the correct food and give calcium +D3 a couple times a day.
You are correct about taking him outside a few times a week to get sun but wrong about keeping him next to a window for sun, light or heat, none of which he will get from a window. I don't know if it was a impulse buy or what but you should have done your homework bro. Feel free to ask questions and don't let your little tort suffer from improper care.