Is it still considered pyramiding when...

Amajoy

Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, AZ
So I have to say, Dezzi is growing like crazy. I am not sure if the growth rate is normal or if they go through spurts or not, I have had him a little over a month now and it seems every few days he'll gain a several grams.

Here is the recorded weights for him:
8/22/2015: 45 grams (Length: 2.5")
8/31/2015: 52 grams
9/4/2015: 55 grams
9/15/2015: 59 grams
9/26/2015: 62 grams
9/29/2015: 69 grams (2.75")
10/2/2015: 73 grams

I am keeping his enclosure with high humidity. 80+, temps are correct, he gets soaked every day to every other day. He's eating a varied diet which can include the following: spring mix, kale, tortoise grass mix (grown from seed), opuntia, Mazuri (3x/week), dandelion greens and occasionally romaine.

So back to my question... Is it still considered pyramiding if the growth rings (I think that's what they are referred to) around the scutes are growing above the scutes themselves? It's almost like he's growing too fast. If this is the case I believe the LS vs. of Mazuri can help slow their growth (per the manufactures) so I may need to switch.

Here are some photos to help see what I am talking about.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This all appears to be normal growth to me. I have found that some leopards will pyramid even in the best of conditions, but I don't see that happening with yours. I would say it's starting of as smooth as one could ever hope.

Amajoy

Glendale, AZ
This all appears to be normal growth to me. I have found that some leopards will pyramid even in the best of conditions, but I don't see that happening with yours. I would say it's starting of as smooth as one could ever hope.
Awesome, thanks Neil, that's great to hear. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Ditto. I agree.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I have noticed new growth will sometimes seem.. swollen? I jokingly call it water logged ....and that gives it a bumpy look but it eventually it's just as flat as the rest.

Amajoy

Glendale, AZ
Thanks again for all the lovely comments and reassurance. :) It seems like Dezzi is growing spots over night these days.