Is my little man/lady ready to burst!

Peach

Hi guys it's day 71 of my gorgeous spur theigh eggs and this morning after sons football training I noticed a tiny mark on the egg with what would look like a yellow moist escaping, I panicked and phoned reptile shop they told me to put light on egg and see what's happening as this could be my 1st egg hatching, please see pics and tell me if its true.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442075808.414313.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442075827.078005.jpg

Peach

Everyone is telling me that by sounds of it, he or she is gonna hatch.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't see any veins in it . Let it stay in the cooker . Some take a long time to hatch . But by the look of your egg I don't see any veins or a little Tortoise in it . If it's no good it will turn black or pop .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Pick the egg up shine the light from bottom to top . Check for veins . The pictures looks like there is a big air spot on the top of the egg . If there is no veins then I'd say that egg is no good .But with Tortoise eggs you let them stay in the cooker .I think it was Kelly that had some 170 days and they hatched . So you never know .
They should hatch at about 90 to 95 days . Some take longer some don't.

Peach

That's interesting to know Mike, I'm new to this after rescuing these eggs from a old lady who's torts got loose and fruity! She dug them back up and I took over from there, stupid as it sounds I have become attached to this little eggs, if I do photo later will u be able to tell or shall I give it a few days to see? All advice is great fully received.

Peach

I done what you suggested and here are my findings I was amazed ;-) my bad egg which I thought I was gonna lose due to cracks has gone white and looks like veins in there but the other one is looks like air bubble or pocket, could something be developing?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That one is a good egg. Let it sit in the cooker . Should hatch in about a month or sooner . Make sure you don't roll the egg .

Peach

That's 2 separate ones, is both developing? I got them in the exo terra nursery 2 ;-)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The one that on the bottom photos looks good to me . Keep them in the cooker we will see in a month or so .