is my tortoise helthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raymond23

my tortoise is it healthy? My 4 inch russian tortoise got quick reflex he got like black clear glass eyes and when he poop in the water when i soak him it light green and he very active and he loves to go into his hide.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hard to say without knowing about his enclosure, temps, diet etc. sounds good though.

R

Raymond23

Hard to say without knowing about his enclosure, temps, diet etc. sounds good though.
the temp is 80 degree and the diet is romaine lettuce and his enclosure is 4x4 and he lovee to dig to.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well then, I have to say he's not healthy as he needs to be. The diet is bad and the enclosure size is bad. An adult Russian needs a minimum of a 4x8 enclosure.
The diet, has to be changed to dark leafy greens and weeds when you can get them. Romaine is only good as a treat food once in a while or when trying to give extra hydration. Never as an only food source. Mustard and collard greens, endive, dandelion, just a few things to start feeding. Then check out the caresheet in the Russian section.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Any more nasty post like your last one will be deleted and might get you banned.
You asked if your tort was healthy and I answered truthfully. People at petco have no clue how to care for a tortoise. It's all about money for them. Read the Russian threads and you will learn a great deal about the proper way to care for your tortoise.
If you wanted us to lie to you then you should have said so, and I would have still told you the truth! My list stands as what you need to do for the health of your tortoise.
As far as me being a Russian tort expert. No I am not. However, I do know more about their care then you and petco, because I was open minded enough to learn from the experience members on this forum!

R

Raymond23

Any more nasty post like your last one will be deleted and might get you banned.
You asked if your tort was healthy and I answered truthfully. People at petco have no clue how to care for a tortoise. It's all about money for them. Read the Russian threads and you will learn a great deal about the proper way to care for your tortoise.
If you wanted us to lie to you then you should have said so, and I would have still told you the truth! My list stands as what you need to do for the health of your tortoise.
As far as me being a Russian tort expert. No I am not. However, I do know more about their care then you and petco, because I was open minded enough to learn from the experience members on this forum!
**** you ***** i dont wangt to be on this ***** *** site anyway and the creator of this site is a BItches of them all

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
**** you ***** i dont wangt to be on this ***** *** site anyway and the creator of this site is a BItches of them all
I'm not the creator of this site. You came here to see if your tortoise was healthy. Which of course no one can tell by the few things you originally wrote. When we got the details, then I gave you the truth. Do you know that romaine is mainly water content. He is not getting any nutrition from romaine. If you want to help your tortoise be healthy and live it's full life span, you will read the links given to you and better his diet and enclosure. If you not open for advice then I'm not sure why you even asked.
We are only here to help you and your tortoise. I wasn't blaming you for not knowing better. There is tons of bad info out there and pet stores are one of the worst. Most of us got some of that bad info when we first started out. Coming to this forum, we figured out it had the correct info, members that were more then willingly to help and to tell us the truth, not just let's us keep doing the bad stuff others told us.
When you actually calm down, maybe you will realize the help your missing out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.