Is Sheldon looking girly ???

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
Hello,
For the past few months, I have been checking Sheldon's plastron & have been watching it get some marbling.
I have also noticed that he seems to be changing as he grows in other ways.
The femoral scutes have pointy spurs or something. Not sure what they are called
but I tried searching the internet & only found elbow spurs. Please see pic with blue circles. Anyways, I know Sheldon is less than 2 yrs old, but when I look at him, I see that U shape & wonder if we should be calling him Shelly instead. ~ Thanks2016-01-26 19.08.26.png20160126_190459.jpg2016-01-26 19.10.44.png

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Hard to say, but s/he looks different than my little redfoot who seems to be about the same size.

No poky bits on Ruby:

Definitely more "V" in the tail area:

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Thanks for your reply, You are right your tort has no "pokey bits" LOL !
Maybe today someone will see this post & know.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hello,
For the past few months, I have been checking Sheldon's plastron & have been watching it get some marbling.
I have also noticed that he seems to be changing as he grows in other ways.
The femoral scutes have pointy spurs or something. Not sure what they are called
but I tried searching the internet & only found elbow spurs. Please see pic with blue circles. Anyways, I know Sheldon is less than 2 yrs old, but when I look at him, I see that U shape & wonder if we should be calling him Shelly instead. ~ ThanksView attachment 163534View attachment 163535View attachment 163537
I don't think it's anything to worry about, it maybe just the process of growing. The anal plate may thicken up and end up smooth with the raised areas. Time will tell.