is star tortoise forest land tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtVic

5 Year Member
I am going to buy some tortoise foods
but don't know which one to get, grassland or forest land
what about rep-cal tortoise food? is this good?

Attachments

• 3456.jpg
    3456.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 13
  • VoirPhoto.asp.jpg
    VoirPhoto.asp.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 14
  • TortJ.jpg
    TortJ.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 11

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
A star is a grassland tort, so I would say Grassland mix. I would say if you want to use a prepared diet go with Mazuri. I feed mine mainly greens and weeds with fruit as a monthly or bimonthly treat.

HtVic

5 Year Member
I have been feed him Mazuri as well, but then I see the ingredients on zoo med food are rich
get one of that, make it more variety :D

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Both ZooMed products have better fiber, protein percentages and calcium/phosphorus ratio than Mazuri does. The ZooMed products are hay based pellets. The nutrional information of these the products (and others) can be found on each of the companies websites. The general concensus is that most tortoise species diet should be high in fiber, low in protein with a calcium to phosphorus ratio of at least 2:1 or greater. Both the ZooMed products fit these parameters well.

HtVic

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
Both ZooMed products have better fiber, protein percentages and calcium/phosphorus ratio than Mazuri does. The ZooMed products are hay based pellets. The nutrional information of these the products (and others) can be found on each of the companies websites. The general concensus is that most tortoise species diet should be high in fiber, low in protein with a calcium to phosphorus ratio of at least 2:1 or greater. Both the ZooMed products fit these parameters well.

I will get one then, so grassland is suitable for star right

Status
Not open for further replies.