Is this a healthy poop?

bradtato

Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
A quick search yielded no photos for comparison, but from descriptions I've seen, it seems okay. Not firm, but not watery, didn't adhere to his shell or tail or leg, and nothing noticeably crawling around in it...

adlz.jpg

o1kj.jpg

Also, while we're on the subject of poop, do tortoises normally find a favored spot for taking care of business, or does it just drop when it drops?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That' looks pretty good to me. Quite often Russian tortoises have pretty runny poop from the grocery store greens we feed them.

Some tortoises poop in a certain spot every time, and some just let her rip whenever and wherever.

bradtato

Richmond, VA
Yvonne G said:
That' looks pretty good to me. Quite often Russian tortoises have pretty runny poop from the grocery store greens we feed them.

Some tortoises poop in a certain spot every time, and some just let her rip whenever and wherever.

That's all I've been feeding since I brought him home the day after Christmas. He's been getting this since last weekend, and the same brand spring mix from the day after Christmas until the following Sunday.

I've been including a few Mazuri pellets since Wednesday, though they seem to be getting avoided.