1422228922836.jpg Is this good

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Is that a leopard tortoise? I can't quite see it on my little screen.

Looks like you need:
1. More moisture in the substrate.
2. Some night heat.
3. Those ramped water bowls are death traps. Use a terra cotta plant saucer sunk into the substrate instead, at a fraction of the cost.
4. A humid hide box.

It is difficult to maintain proper temperature and humidity with an open top. Are your thermometers and hygrometers telling you its all good?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I LOVE those Christmas Tree Storage Bins (that's what it is, right?) Great size habitat. You can cut holes in the lid for the lights/heat, and put the lid on the bin. This will keep the warm air inside.

Jeskie

5 Year Member
Leopard yes. It is the Christmas bin :) its perfect. I did switch the water bowl to that. I switch the bulb at night to the che. Im just been working on the dang humidity. I also need the heat up now its winter. Humidity box forgot about that. Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Leopard yes. It is the Christmas bin :) its perfect. I did switch the water bowl to that. I switch the bulb at night to the che. Im just been working on the dang humidity. I also need the heat up now its winter. Humidity box forgot about that. Thanks

If you set your CHE on a thermostat, it will turn itself on and off all day and night as needed to maintain the temperature you set it at. Then set your light on a timer and you won't have to keep switching things, plus your tortoise will have a more consistent routine.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

If you cover the top you won't have to worry heat and humidity ;) take the lid cut circles in the lid for your lights line the circle with aluminum foil and put your lights down voila