Is this normal?! Just brought him!

Location (City and/or State)
Croydon
Hello All,

So as I suspected I only went to see the tortoise but as soon as I lay eyes on him I just loved him!!!

I have checked him over and all looks good, but noticed that his bum/ tail was quite swollen and noticed that it was very different on Sheldon...

Advise please! Is this a problem?

IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Possibly a blockage? Have you seen him poop? Any signs of straining too poop?
I would give him a warm soak in the tub so he has lots of room to move around. Try to keep him moving if he wants to just lay still. Also feed some watery foods like cucumber, romaine, aloe, cactus to help him poop.
All this is if you haven't seen him poop or if you see him straining too.

Croydon
Possibly a blockage? Have you seen him poop? Any signs of straining too poop?
I would give him a warm soak in the tub so he has lots of room to move around. Try to keep him moving if he wants to just lay still. Also feed some watery foods like cucumber, romaine, aloe, cactus to help him poop.
All this is if you haven't seen him poop or if you see him straining too.

Hello, thanks for getting back to me!!!

As I only got him late yesterday I haven't seen him poop yet but have given him some cucumber along with other bits and will give him a warm bath tonight, hope this will help him. Apart from this which doesn't seem to be bothering him he is very active and eating well :)

N

no one

How old is the Tortoise or did I miss that somewhere? Just thinking... is it a girl? I am not sure. But he/she has been with other Tortoises right? Maybe from overbreeding? I am just guessing here...

Glad your Tortoise is doing well otherwise. Hope this goes away quickly.

Croydon
Hello All,

Quick update... Given him/her a warm bath!

IMG_2045.jpg

Didn’t like the warm bath much... and then stormed off to his/hers house and put themselves to bed

IMG_2038.jpg

That’s a lot of people now saying that my supposed aggressive he/ pestering the she’s male tortoise is actually a female... so confused?!?!

Apologies in advance for the poop pic but just concerned about the lil rock <3
Is this normal...?!

IMG_2043.jpg

Well I had planned to call ‘him’ the Thai name for Handsome Tortoise but if he is a ‘she’ gonna have to have a rethink... hmmm...

Many thanks in advance for the help as always!!!