Is this normal?

Turtleneck123

So I was giving my tortoise a bath and noticed a red spot on his neck. Is that normal? Or should I be concernedImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489258451.233070.jpg

The lump looks slightly more red in Real life

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
No redness/swelling is ever considered "normal". They are both signs of some type of local histamine type of reaction to some sort of external or internal issue. All I can see on your pic is lighter area on the tort neck. Can only speculate about the swelling bcs I can't really tell it is swollen by the picture posted. Could you take few more pics from different views, and with couple zoom-shots? The more- the better.

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
No redness/swelling is ever considered "normal". They are both signs of some type of local histamine type of reaction to some sort of external or internal issue. All I can see on your pic is lighter area on the tort neck. Can only speculate about the swelling bcs I can't really tell it is swollen by the picture posted. Could you take few more pics from different views, and with couple zoom-shots? The more- the better.
Thanks for your help.