Is this weed good for me russian tortoise

Mr. RussianTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Tried to find some weeds since Tom told me to give me Russian some weeds for a healthier diet and I used the tortoise table to find the right weeds for my tortoise, for me I think it’s a edible type of weed but can yall double check for me. I think the first on is dandelion leaves and the second one is clover.IMG_5587.jpegIMG_5585.jpeg

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Yes, look like dandelion and clover to me.

I'm awful at identifying plants (can tell a fir tree from hibiscus - that's my top). So I use plant ID application on smartphone. For now I've stopped at "Flora Incognita" app, which is free and is a university project: you can select a type of plant, make some photos (it tells you what's needed - leaf top, flower and so) and then get the result which you can check with a TortoiseTable for edibility and other photos. Works better for me than Google Lens, for example.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Part of my morning collection minus the fig leaves. I read on TF fig leaves are fine. The new tortoises certainly think so. A+

Attachments

• IMG_20231013_084333.jpg
    IMG_20231013_084333.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 3

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Well, I wouldn't have thought to offer them either, but I've seen it suggested a lot. What's wrong with daisies?
lol, I thought you meant you'd been tasting all these things yourself! Chickweed is edible and people eat honeysuckle flowers as well.

Daisies don't taste that good to humans, in my experience. :) My Russian doesn't like them either but yours might!