Is what I feed my 2 year old Leopard Tortoise ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardLucy

5 Year Member
I'm feeding her dandelions, endive, watercress every day. I put a mix of dehydrated cactus, green beans, corn and zuccini. I also put soaked grasses on top and the usual vitamins. I live in Canada and only can take her outside for 4 months of the year, but when she is outside she eats tons of grasses ans weeds. What else can I add to her diet? I give her squash every other week as well. Our reptile stores out here suck. Oh and I give her mulberry leaves that are grinded up into soft squares. Please help me I love her so much. I'm not sure if she is growing too fast, she weighs about 8-10 lbs already.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi LeopardLucy:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum.

Is your name Lucy?

As big as your tortoise is, you shouldn't be grinding up the food like that. It keeps their beak in shape to have to bite off pieces. Cactus especially, should be bitten off rather than mushed up. The diet sounds great, just let him bite it off.

I'd love to see pictures of your leopard tortoise.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the TFO :) I to would love to see some pic's :) she might be older then 2 if she is 10 pound's:tort:

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I agree with Yvonne about not chopping the food. Give it in as natural form as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.