ISO third tort

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I totally have m

unfortunately, I don’t know their genders yet… That’s why I will have them all separated until I can figure that out!
No, I believe what Tom was saying is any group can live together, whether all male, all female, or a mix in this species which is better not as a pair. And that more space for the group would be better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I also would not do a leopard. I don't know about what Tom spoke of about leopards in your state, but even the smaller ones need more than a 8x8.
Having a group of your Stars, I think you would really enjoy much more, then having a bunch of different species, that can not live in as small of space and can not be housed together as easily as Tom says the Stars can.
Get a third and in about a year you can connect all those outside enclosure and make one bigger enclosure and have 3 beauties running lol around.

thetortoiselady

ALABAMA
No, I believe what Tom was saying is any group can live together, whether all male, all female, or a mix in this species which is better not as a pair. And that more space for the group would be better.

I also would not do a leopard. I don't know about what Tom spoke of about leopards in your state, but even the smaller ones need more than a 8x8.
Having a group of your Stars, I think you would really enjoy much more, then having a bunch of different species, that can not live in as small of space and can not be housed together as easily as Tom says the Stars can.
Get a third and in about a year you can connect all those outside enclosure and make one bigger enclosure and have 3 beauties running lol around.
Thank you!!! All Burmese? I was thinking Indian but heard they are timid and a less hardy!if I could just get my hands on a high yellow Burmese I’d love it!! I wish I could have my sick baby back ):

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you!!! All Burmese? I was thinking Indian but heard they are timid and a less hardy!if I could just get my hands on a high yellow Burmese I’d love it!! I wish I could have my sick baby back ):
If you have Burmese now then yes only Burmese as far as them living together.
You can start a second group of three Indian Stars, buy them all at once, then they could live together from the start. But not with the Burmese.