it this safe to put in the enclosure?

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
i got given a plant today and the only thing it says on it to id it is fictus natasja. i've never heard of it and cant find it on any of the safe unsafe lists . does any one know if its safe? also got a rubber plant that is safe right?
thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would help to see a picture, but I think you mean 'ficus benjamina - natasja'. This is toxic to mammals. Also, some of the plants in the rubber tree family are toxic too.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
thanks that was the only thing written on it and i'd never heard of it this is it
100_5313.JPG and this is the rubber plant
100_5311.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Id shy away from the Rubber Tree,

• According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the rubber tree plant known as Ficus elastica and the variegated rubber plant Ficus honduras are mildly toxic to animals. Ingesting these rubber tree plants can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
Id shy away from the Rubber Tree,

• According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the rubber tree plant known as Ficus elastica and the variegated rubber plant Ficus honduras are mildly toxic to animals. Ingesting these rubber tree plants can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

thanks for the info. i never put either of them in. they can look nice on the window sill until its some ones birthday lol.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
The top ficus looks exactly like ficus Benjamina aka weeping fig.