It's Cold Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Our high temperature was 26 degrees in the sun, Walker and Sylvia still came out to grab a quick bite, They didn't stay out as long as usual, the winds are brisk and I believe that had something to do with that.After about an hour they went back to warm up.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
It's only 23 here and windy. I'm surprised they didn't turn into tortoisicles after an hour.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I'm surprised that they can move when it is in the 20's.
Impressive!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Its a whole 16 degrees here today. I think it got down to around 0 or 1 last night, with wind chills down around -15 to -20 degrees. Those temps make it hard to breath thru your nose cause it sorta burns. I hate winter. :p

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
23F here right now. Coldest day so far when you're out there in the wind.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
It's currently 9F, 4F tonight and 17 tomorrow. Next week though, two days in the 40's.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
No doubt. I had to kick up the heater in the tortoise room this morning before I left for work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the cactus in the background with the big bites taken out of it.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I'm so glad it doesn't get that cold here! It's in the 30s this week for the lows. Highs are around 55. Damp cold and it owes right to the bone! Then we have freak weather. Last week it was in the upper 70s for the highs and lows of 50

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Brave torts they are, I wouldn't stay out that long. Very cold here too. 0 with wind chills -9 and suppose to get colder. They had said -25, I'm not sure when that's suppose to hit. Hoping they are wrong. Anyone with warmth, lots if us could use some, please share:D

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
yesterday was our coldest day of -19 below as the high i believe it got to about -25 below last night but it at least warmed up to 5 today but going in for a wind chill advisory which will be cold.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
emysemys said:
I love the cactus in the background with the big bites taken out of it.

HAHA. I agree.

You guys are waaaaay too cold. I cant handle that cold for that long. It was 68 today and awesome sunny.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Holy cow!!! It's been in the 60s-70s here. That's our winters here in San Antonio. Extreme cold is 40s but that never happens. I keep wanting to start Sami's outside enclosure project and move her outside but kept thinking its probably too cold still. I just moved her into a slightly bigger storage type bin tonight until next month when I will move her outside.
Her new little setup is in the next room. I feel kinda lovely without seeing her glass tank ontop of my dresser as I'm heading to sleep:(

Gunter

5 Year Member
Woodbridge,NJ
The highs here are 23 with wind chills 10 and lows are 12 with wind chills to -6

Len B

10 Year Member!
It's 19 degrees and holding, so I don't think it will be much colder tonight than last night. I believe being close to the river and the wind coming from that way helps keep the temps up a little.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
I wish it was that cold here. Been in the 80's yuck... Love the pics looks like you big guy decided to take a bite right out of the cactus and not wait for you to cut it up.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
I will never complain about the cold again after reading the temps some of you get. I thought being in the mid 40's was freezing (to be honest anything under 70 is freezing cold for me) but Arkansas weather is pretty crazy if you don't like it wait a min its going to change.

Len B

10 Year Member!
The first pic is what I saw when I opened the front door at 5 o'clock this morning, the second one was taken at 3 pm, this afternoon, no sign of activity from Walker or Sylvia today and I don't blame them, we haven't been above 29 degrees for 3 days now. Supposed to get some more snow tomorrow, we haven't had measurable snow here since the 2009-10 winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.