It's Just Too Hot!

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
In the UK where I am we have been having temperatures of around 98f lately. I love the heat. The only time I don’t like it is when I’m on an underground train packed in like a sardine (anyone who’s been on the central line at rush hour will know what I mean) or I’m on he overground and the air con is not working and it’s like travelling for an hour in a greenhouse. If I was at home all day I would most definitely enjoy!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hot and yucky here in Maryland too. The humidity, coupled with the temps just sucks the energy out of you. Sweating to death when doing any kind of outdoor work..

7528D3BB-C6FE-490F-9DF4-28F428BD7F2A.jpeg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Uk bin very hot last month or so,and forecast till Oct. 90f ish where I live.

I’m in Majorca at moment and it’s hitting 106f. Mainland Spain getting 110/115f. It’s crazy.
Need snow.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
98? It really got up to 36.6C in the UK? I didn't think that ever happened.
This summer has been exceptionally hot in the UK... and not just in the south. The heatwave started in the north... we joined in a couple of weeks later.

The highest temperature recorded this year was 35.5C in Faversham - not far from where I live. This was lower than Faversham's UK record high of 38.5C in 2003. Things do get pretty hot in the UK from time to time, but not usually sustained in the way it has been this year.

We have had temperatures in the low thirties for weeks now and it only broke last night! Finally! Rain!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I know UK and parts of Europe have been getting hit hard with heatwaves breaking records. Climate change is no joke and we will only see everything get a little warmer... and beleiv it or not places that are suppose to be hot are going to get cooler... both are not good.

On a side note... only 95 today..... No AC at the house either so you can feel the heat lol

Kyle

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This summer has been exceptionally hot in the UK... and not just in the south. The heatwave started in the north... we joined in a couple of weeks later.

The highest temperature recorded this year was 35.5C in Faversham - not far from where I live. This was lower than it's record high of 38.5C in 2003. Things do get pretty hot in the UK from time to time, but not usually sustained in the way it has been this year.

We have had temperatures in the low thirties for weeks now and it only broke last night! Finally! Rain!
Good. I get home on Friday. Hoping it’s cooled down some what. Absolute joke working in this heat, especially when we got furnaces running at 1050c.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good. I get home on Friday. Hoping it’s cooled down some what. Absolute joke working in this heat, especially when we got furnaces running at 1050c.
I am staying with Mum in Derbyshire and the temperature there was a high of 16C today! It was wonderful.

Back home down South, reported by my husband, we had the first proper sustained rain since a long time ago last night and today has been much cooler and fresher :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I am staying with Mum in Derbyshire and the temperature there was a high of 16C today! It was wonderful.

Back home down South, reported by my husband, we had the first proper sustained rain since a long time ago last night and today has been much cooler and fresher :)
When I left the uk (Sheffield) we had a heatwave for over month. Hitting mid 30’s on occasions. My mate said it broke today and they had rain. But it’s forcast to warm up again from Monday.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We had a nice monsoon storm roll through last night and today we're only around 100. Lows in the low 80s. Perfect weather for us.

It's been a great monsoon season here. Very good for the tortoises!

Kaeloni

Montana
I live in Montana and can’t relate to weather being too hot. We’re supposed to have a “really hot” week, meaning 80 degrees. I hope you and your tortoises stay comfortable!

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Go ahead and complain Orv. That's what friends are for...we love you even if you are an old grouch! Just think...at least you have that gorgeous pool to stick your head out of! (just joking with you my friend--I'm jealous).
Just come on over and join us. . . ahh, the waters fine. Seriously, you and your friends come on over. I'll supply the iced tea. You best bring over a couple of flowers for the tortoises, though. By the way, how are those hibiscus cuttings coming along?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Just come on over and join us. . . ahh, the waters fine. Seriously, you and your friends come on over. I'll supply the iced tea. You best bring over a couple of flowers for the tortoises, though. By the way, how are those hibiscus cuttings coming along?
Thanks for the invitation. We'll have to think about that.
It's just now 8 weeks, and that's how long it's supposed to take for them to root. Two of them look good, the third I'm not too sure of. I'll let you know in a couple more weeks.
Missed you Monday night, but I understand with the heat.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
The heat here in Southern California reached 106 degrees today . . . exhausting. I went out to the tortoise yard first thing this morning. Hey, it was only 92 degrees. . . . great! Fed the torts and cleaned up the yard and scrubed out the water dish. Gotta do it . . . right? I let the tortoises have breakfast and rerired insided where it was at least reasonably cool. Ahh, had to go back out about 3:30 for the afternoon tortoise jobs. . . gave them their afternoon grape and squash leaves. OK, a few roses and a couple of hisbiscus flowers too. Time for an afternoon playing in the sprinklers to cool down. Time to spend an hour watering the yard as well so that everybody has grazing and shade for tomorrow. Its a brutal 106 degrees. Same for tomorrow. I'm sure glad the tortoises still give me joy . I'm going inside. . . I'm not a California Desert Tortoise.
Add 10 to that and you’ve got Vegas. Frisbee knocks at the back door to get into the cold burrow!

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
A week ago I the heat was nearly unbearable. Today our high was 84 with a cooling thundershower. No complaints here. Well, wait . . . one complaint: at 6:30 yesterday afternoon, we had a 4.4 earthquake centered just 4 miles from us. The first thing I called out to my wife was, "are the torts OK?". They were. I don't even think that they noticed. I pray that the "big one" isn't coming too soon.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
A week ago I the heat was nearly unbearable. Today our high was 84 with a cooling thundershower. No complaints here. Well, wait . . . one complaint: at 6:30 yesterday afternoon, we had a 4.4 earthquake centered just 4 miles from us. The first thing I called out to my wife was, "are the torts OK?". They were. I don't even think that they noticed. I pray that the "big one" isn't coming too soon.
Hey, y’all go and Vegas has beach-front property!!

SULCY

NEW YORK
We are having torrential rains almost every day for the past couple of weeks. We went from drought conditions and 100 deg. temps to monsoon conditions with almost 8 in, of rain more than normal. Tortoise getting a little annoyed with all the rain.

LoonyLovegood

Colorado Springs, CO
We arent bad here in Tulsa. The hottest part of the summer seems to be over but I keep a watchful eye out and keep a cool towel over his hide during the day. I am always scared its to hot outside for him though. I kept him in this morning and he was not happy about it but we had a bit of rain today and it seems to have cooled it down but also made it wonderfully humid ( for the tort not humans smh) and when I went back to work I had him out in his outside enclosure but under the awning so he wont get wet if it does rain again and the temp was holding at 84F.
I'm from Tulsa too! I moved to Colorado though but I sure do miss how green OK is.