Its warm! well around here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Its been warm lately, and i know my guys arn't the only one out and about. Share some pictures of your mountain tortoises! These guys are photogenic i know this! so comon brush the dirt off those cameras. :)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I have about another month up here. I will definitley post pics because I'm going to have to show off the new outdoor enclosure being built.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK. I accept the challenge. I have to go pick up horse poop and feed everyone, then I'll dust off the camera and get some nice shots of the Manouria kids.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok...now I already realize they need their beaks filed, so no one needs to remind me of that, alright? For me, being an old lady, its a two man job and a second set of arms is hard to come by around here.

Here's Medea and Darth coming out of their house and getting ready to head for the sun:

05-11mep-1.jpg

I wanted to show you a close-up of Darth so you can see his gulars. Quite impressive!

05-11mep-4.jpg

This is my largest one, Medea, heading for the hills:

05-11mep-3.jpg

And I dashed around in front of her so you could see her beautiful face...er...determination. She wouldn't hold still:

05-11mep-5.jpg

Phae had already made it out into the sun:

05-11mep-6.jpg

The Mee's haven't come out yet, but I'll try to catch them later.

I forgot to mention: in that first picture, the white thing that you see leaning up against the wall is a washing machine pan that I use as a slide to bring in the errant tortoise in the evening. There's usually one big one outside in the evening that needs to be brought in.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I'll be waiting (semi) patiently for the Mee's! What do you mean by "slide"? Their house looks level with the outside. Or do you mean you put them on it and pull it like a sled?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yvonne, did you know the need their beaks trimmed?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
man your guys are big, im always amazed everytime i see them. I too will take more pictures. Its 87 degrees outside though, my guys are just hiding from the heat, but they will come out later in the evening.

didn't have my camera but had my phone! here are a few snaaps its close to 90 here and i just had the sprinklers on thats why they came out. once the waters done they go back to the shade lol.
water!
IMG_0728.jpg

trying to climb:
IMG_0727.jpg

walking to the water:
IMG_0723.jpg

and here is a video i shot, he saw me taking pictures and thought it would be a good idea to check out whats going on. oh and he loves chasing fingers i have no idea why. lol

enjoy!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Its warm! well around he

dmmj said:
Yvonne, did you know the need their beaks trimmed?

Alright, Smart alec!

harris said:
I'll be waiting (semi) patiently for the Mee's! What do you mean by "slide"? Their house looks level with the outside. Or do you mean you put them on it and pull it like a sled?

Yeah, I should've said sled instead of slide. I have a rope attached to the front of it and I pull it.

Status
Not open for further replies.