Izzy

Izzy760

Location (City and/or State)
Encinitas ca
Hello all, my name is TC. I have a 20 year old 100 pound female Sulcata named Izzy. When I was 6, the cockatiel I had raised from a hatching had flown away. His name was Chewy. When he learned to fly, he flew backwards. Over time I trained him and soon he flew...right out of my life. Devastated, my parents asked what would help replace my now gone bird. We settled on a tortoise. So next thing I knew 6 year TC had himself a baby tortoise. We kind of jumped into the whole situation. Last thing we expected was it to be the largest mainland species of tortoise in the world! But here we are! About 20 years later. She currently lives with my mom, while my place of residence did not have a yard for her to live in. However, I have moved into a house with an epic yard and our landlord has given us the go ahead to "do whatever we want." Personally, I think building a tortoise enclosure is on the better side of the possible things we could be doing here. I am currently finishing the fencing for this enclosure. I've been reading around a lot on the forums and seeing what everybody feeds theirs. I'm working on making it a "self sustaining" enclosure. Now, with her it'll be a little tricky. She's the perfect combo of a tank and cow mixed into a giant bone. She'll eat anything, or tear down any small tree or bush in her path. I have a lot of ideas moving forward and I can't wait to share with you all! Here is a couple photos of her and what I'm working on. Any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear them!!

IMG_4261.JPG IMG_5455.JPG IMG_6371.JPG IMG_6392.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like the idea of using pallets for the fence, but I'm afraid my innate sense of symmetry would have me trying to find all the pallets of the same size. Your tortoise looks great. You did a fine job of raising her. I love that face!

Welcome to our Forum!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What a tank! The head is huge. Beautiful sully :)