jail breaking on xmas eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKLC

5 Year Member
The captain only tolerates 15 minutes of basking for good health, then he longs for the freedom of a rocky crevice.
P1010337_zps6c688969.jpg

A devious escape plan is brewing
P1010338_zpsce0f900c.jpg

Tangled up in my state-of-the-art security
P1010342_zps04745f87.jpg

Gotta love miami tortoise weather

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
LOVE those 2nd and 3rd pics!!! He really does look devious!!! If pancake torts do well in Miami, I wonder how they'd do in south Louisiana? i think y'all have a truly tropical environment? We're hot and humid but we do get a few freezes in the winter time.

So we're not truly tropical...

EKLC

5 Year Member
Thanks guys!

Moozilion said:
LOVE those 2nd and 3rd pics!!! He really does look devious!!! If pancake torts do well in Miami, I wonder how they'd do in south Louisiana? i think y'all have a truly tropical environment? We're hot and humid but we do get a few freezes in the winter time.

So we're not truly tropical...

Miami and the tip of south florida has its own climate that is noticeably different from the rest of florida. It is actually considered 'tropical monsoon' in the Koppen climate classification, while the rest of florida and the southeastern US is 'humid subtropical'. I spend most of my time in gainesville, which is probably very similar to louisiana. Even soft freezes are rare down in Miami, hence we can support invasive iguanas, burmese pythons, nile monitors, chameleons, etc. I bet sulcatas could establish themselves down here in some of the non-flooded parts of the everglades

Status
Not open for further replies.