Just being Cute or Sick?

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
I feed him once a day in the morning and usually as soon as he finishes eating he just falls asleep. I am not sure if he is sick or simply being a cute baby that is sleepy because he is full. I've never owned a tortoise so I don't know when one is sick.

Also can someone please tell me how to tell if he has an RI

My boxie never showed the typical signs of an RI until I took him to the vet and the vet pressed somewhere on his back side and he blew out bubbles

Can someone please tell me what the vet did so I can do the same to my little DT and see if he has an RI

He often blows bubbles when I am soaking him but I have never seen him blow bubbles outside of his water.

upload_2016-2-7_8-18-35-png.164706

upload_2016-2-7_8-18-57-png.164707

upload_2016-2-7_8-19-18-png.164708

dylanwicklund-

My sulcata eats himself to sleep at times lol and he is fine he also fell alseep in his water a couple times but I also make him walk all the way across his 40 gal tank for food and water and his home and hot spot are on the other side

6e9bf1eb941ff7199be2529b12d657d2.jpg

This is sully my sulcata :)
c75bd071f6da173989f786800fe944db.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your baby sounds very normal. I don't know what your vet did, not sure if what they did really proved the tort had an RI either. Usually a discharge from nose and/or blowing bubbles a lot, not just once in a while and runny looking eyes could be a sign. If you do see this, raise temps to 85 and see if it clears up. Sometimes it's just a runny nose and nothing else. Higher temps will clear it up.

cheryhead81

Haha s/he looks pretty healthy. And sleeping after eating sounds about right. Mine does that quite often. As far as knowing when they are sick. I would say the biggest symtoms to look for are not eating and not pooping or unhealthy looking poop. If you think s/he is not quite right make a vet appointment and try to bring a recent poop with you. Atleast thats some things i read while researching when i thought something was wrong with mine. Im not an expert tho.