Just bought a pop up greenhouse and it’s slightly too short .

JDDV97

Location (City and/or State)
Houstin tx
I switched over to closed enclosure started off with plastic tub and now a greenhouse however the cover is slightly too short and leaves a gap at the bottom . Will this be an issue as far as humidity and heat leaking. I was gonna build a small base or put the plastic tub in the greenhouse or should I just return it ?

Attachments

• IMG_2440.jpeg
    IMG_2440.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2439.jpeg
    IMG_2439.jpeg
    609.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2438.jpeg
    IMG_2438.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I sealed mine when I used the greenhouses that didn't go all the way to the bottom. I used duct tape but had a tarp on the bottom as the floor, so I taped the tarp to the outside of the greenhouse.

JDDV97

Houstin tx
I duct taped 3 sides down , the front side I left alone because that’s how I enter via zipper , The tub is temporary. I am building a 3x3 wood base for him tomorrow with 6 inch’s walls , but what do you think so far one basting light, one ceramic heat, emitter , ReptiBark, saucer water dish , humid hide, safe plants from table tortoise , cuttle bone , 2 digital thermoster , I got a thermometer gun too, @Well @Littleredfootbigredheart @Tom @Megatron's Mom

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpeg
    IMG_2443.jpeg
    804 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2446.jpeg
    IMG_2446.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2442.jpeg
    IMG_2442.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2444.jpeg
    IMG_2444.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2445.jpeg
    IMG_2445.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

JDDV97

Houstin tx
I will post the finish product tomorrow with the finished base !! Do I need more ceramic heat emitters? Do I need to put air holes ?

Vancouver bc
I duct taped 3 sides down , the front side I left alone because that’s how I enter via zipper , The tub is temporary. I am building a 3x3 wood base for him tomorrow with 6 inch’s walls , but what do you think so far one basting light, one ceramic heat, emitter , ReptiBark, saucer water dish , humid hide, safe plants from table tortoise , cuttle bone , 2 digital thermoster , I got a thermometer gun too, @Well @Littleredfootbigredheart @Tom @Megatron's Mom
Great job. I can tell you really care about your torts well being!