Just for a smile

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I was looking for a different photo going thru my thousands...and saw this taken last summer...Mary Knobbins is a 47 pound female rescued Sulcata...she is the busiest Sulcata I have ever had and now it's winter and crappy weather for 7 months...she won't go out in rain, just wet or snow...so for days on end she' got her head in the corner of her sleeping box, I pulled the top off so she's in light basking rays...she hasn't eaten now for a week...she is simply miserable...but here is a smile...
she pulled off and escape and climbed 8 steps up to my deck...this is what I saw...see the gate
at the bottom!!!?
100_2989.JPG
100_2992.JPG
100_2985.JPG
Mary is such fun in the warmer weather, it's kinda mean to keep her here...100_2964.JPG
she loves herself a sprinkler and a mudholeDSCN1907.JPG
DSCN1904.JPG
keerpers who have never experienced Sulcata are really missing out...lolDSCN1901.JPG

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
No you are not...She will be leaving in the Spring to a better home for a giant tort species. I'll tell when and to whom closer to the time...it's hard even tho I know she will be better off
Well, I'll be happy and sad for you come Spring.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Lyns and I will miss her cute pictures, especially with her tire. 🥰

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Mary K is absolutely wonderful! I admire you for making the painful decision to part with her, but I think she will always remember you, however good a new life she has. Will you keep in touch with her new carers? I hope we will be able to have news of her sometimes.
( I'm crying as I write this - silly, eh !)
Angie