Just saw this craigslist ad.

axeman25

Location (City and/or State)
Central Michigan
I wanted to pass this post I just saw along. The two pictures I saw of this Russian looked as if his beak has been seriously neglected. Can someone with more experienced take a look and confirm. I was thinking about contacting this guy. Right now I'm a little short on Cash but I may be able to talk him down A bit with the best interest of the tortoise in mind. Even though his $50 asking price seems fair.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/for/4877888513.html

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, the beak needs a good trim for sure. $50.00 is a really fair price, specially it sounds like it includes the lights, etc. He also gets outside in the summer time, so it doesn't sound like he's had too bad a home. Good luck.

axeman25

Central Michigan
Yes, the beak needs a good trim for sure. $50.00 is a really fair price, specially it sounds like it includes the lights, etc. He also gets outside in the summer time, so it doesn't sound like he's had too bad a home. Good luck.

I know it's a really good price and as much as I wish I could afford him right now, it's just not in my budget. Been a rough couple of months for us with several repairs around the house needed. Not to mention my three tortoise purchase and all the stuff I needed to upgrade. Lol. I think I'll contact him and feel it out. Thanks for the replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I didn't know they adopted elephnts outt.

ShannonC

South Carolina
Is it just me or does his shell look rough? Definitely the beak needs attention!! If it were near me, I would be snatching him up so fast it would make your head spin! For some reason, I never see torts for sale on CL around here.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
No the shell def. looks beat up, prob an older WC.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
As long as his beak looks it seems as though he could have had it much worse, he got outside time in the summer and was fed good diet in the summer, and the words "large custom built enclosure" rather than "tank" sounded assuring too.

axeman25

Central Michigan
I was told by the parents of the owner that the person they found to take the tortoise is experienced. I guess they just gave him the tortoise, enclosure, and everything because he could offer the tortoise a way better live than these people's daughter had done. So it sounds like this story is going to have a happy ending.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I was told by the parents of the owner that the person they found to take the tortoise is experienced. I guess they just gave him the tortoise, enclosure, and everything because he could offer the tortoise a way better live than these people's daughter had done. So it sounds like this story is going to have a happy ending.
Wow, thankfully it sounds like a really good ending. Sounds like the owners knew It was in need of some help.