Kapidolo Farms, new items for the variety packs, new food offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi All,

I have added two items to the organic sourced store.

Echinacea and Violets

Echinacea purpurea leaf, cut and sifted (loose leaf) $18.99/pound $14.99/half pound
and
Viola tricolor leaf, cut and sifted (loose leaf) $17.99/pound $13.99/half pound

I hope to have actual Echinacea flowers next fall, grown expressly for Kapidolo Farms and adhering to organic standards.

I have also started to carry Purina Mills organic layer crumbles. They have a 10:1 calcium ratio, and a higher content of D3. I had stopped using this at the farms as translating its use to future keepers of the little ones sold was problematic "Ewe, I don't want to feed chicken food, isn't it full of grains?" Well indeed it is, but so are all of the commercial pellets, especially the old style Mazuri. However there are no sugary fillers (like Mazuri), and the calcium is much higher, sourced from oyster shell. Fiber is lower than any of the pellets, but I use it with dry mulberry, plantain etc. You may also be alarmed by the protein content, but again I'd ask that you look at the similar value for old Mazuri at 15%. This is a food intended to sustain chickens laying a new egg everyday. It is the organic version of the food Kay Booth used for her Desert Tortoises as published in her book "Forty Years with Tortoises" and a food I have used off and on for 20 years.

So, now I alternate a ZooMed Grassland day with a Purina Mills layer crumbles day. Always flavored with hibiscus, aloe or cactus.

Intro offer, You have to ask for it, one ounce free with any order. This offer is good to the end of December 2019, you have to ask.

Otherwise 4 pounds for $19.99 shipped, or one pound for $13.99 shipped. To save you the trouble of comparative shopping, a 35 pound bags costs about $35 if you pick it up at a feed store. It will take me about six months to go through 35 pounds on the farm.

These are the numbers and ingredients:
Crude Protein . MIN . 16.00 %
Crude Fat . MIN . 2.50 %
Crude Fiber . MAX . 6.50 %
Calcium (Ca) . MIN . 3.25 %
Calcium (Ca) . MAX . 4.25 %
Ingredients

Organic Ground Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Wheat Middlings, Organic Wheat, Organic Heat Processed Soybeans, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Organic Soybean Oil, Salt, Diatomaceous Earth, Organic Tagetes (Aztec Marigold) Meal (Color), Dried Kelp, Methionine Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Choline Chloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Panothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Menadione Nicotinamide Bisulfite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin.

AND thank you everyone for dealing with the 'ask for an invoice', many people are saving $7.35 per transaction or more as I combine different items into one USPS priority mail envelope or box.

Will . [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.