Keeping Russian's Outside - Low Temp- USA - Northeast

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Hi all,

I haven't posted in awhile. I wanted to get your opinions on keeping my Russian's outside with nighttime lows creeping into the upper 50's. For instance our low tonight is 58 degrees and the high tomorrow is 86 and sunny. I usually bring them in if we get lower then 60 and base it on how warm the following day will be. Just trying to squeeze in as much outdoor time as possible with the change of seasons upon us. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm in Chicago. I leave my Russian out day and night even with night temps in the mid to upper 50's as long as the day of and the next day is warm, which we are in the mid 80's for the next week at least.
He has no affect from it. All normal behavior.

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
I'm in Chicago. I leave my Russian out day and night even with night temps in the mid to upper 50's as long as the day of and the next day is warm, which we are in the mid 80's for the next week at least.
He has no affect from it. All normal behavior.
Thank you! Appreciate your response. I’ll leave them out, I hate disturbing them and they are a pain to dig out after they bed down for the night.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you! Appreciate your response. I’ll leave them out, I hate disturbing them and they are a pain to dig out after they bed down for the night.
Mine can't dig down, I have a safe hide for him.