Red footed tortoise white bloth

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
what do you feed your tortoise???? vitamin A deficiency is a very significant finding in turtles with aural abscesses.... but it appears to be a problem with vit A metabolism, and not a dietary vitamin A problem...... turtles that eat mostly plants are sensitive to vitamin A injections like tortoises, too much vitamin A can be a serious problem....... redfoots diets are different than most tortoises, box turtles don't appear to be bothered by vitamin a injections.........

KSA05

Wolverhampton
what do you feed your tortoise???? vitamin A deficiency is a very significant finding in turtles with aural abscesses.... but it appears to be a problem with vit A metabolism, and not a dietary vitamin A problem...... turtles that eat mostly plants are sensitive to vitamin A injections like tortoises, too much vitamin A can be a serious problem....... redfoots diets are different than most tortoises, box turtles don't appear to be bothered by vitamin a injections.........
Will this harm her?

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
i doubt it , hopefully the vet was careful with the dose .......... vet was not wrong on vit A being associated with aural abscesses....... redfoots are more like a box turtle than most tortoises....... i've seen turtles overdosed with vitamin A.......

KSA05

Wolverhampton
i doubt it , hopefully the vet was careful with the dose .......... vet was not wrong on vit A being associated with aural abscesses....... redfoots are more like a box turtle than most tortoises....... i've seen turtles overdosed with vitamin A.......
How will I know if it’s an issue of the vitamin A being lethal or dangerous?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
How will I know if it’s an issue of the vitamin A being lethal or dangerous?
Swollen eyes, thinning of the skin, sometimes if it’s severe it cause the skin to slough of and become raw😕
But let’s not panic, I’m sure the one dose hasn’t hurt! Just keep a close eye