Kind of funny picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
d2d5f2c9.jpg

I found this picture funny! I hope you enjoy it as well. It was a random picture taken from my mother. He was just randomly hanging out before he sloped down to adventure off!

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I love when they give you the " I'm gunna do it" face

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Yes, I actually laughed at all of your responses. I was actually thinking the exact same thing!

Akronic

5 Year Member
what is it about Russians or probably torts in general but they seem to have great vision, but maybe lack depth perception. cuz mine will just walk right off rather high places in their tort table. i was kinda worried about him maybe breakin his neck cuz he will almost face plant and sometimes flip over. is this normal tort behavior or do they act like lemmings (remember that game, loved it)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Akronic, I don't know, some animals (not just reptiles) have terrible depth perception. I found this very interesting and would try to see if my Russian would walk off the ledge of my staircase (with me right behind him, of course) and he never did! I found it amazing that he did not! But, I found that if he walks in my neighbors small rocks, that he will kind of face plant into the ground. Also, at other times, he will kind of face plant over his his hide log into his substrate.

Akronic

5 Year Member
yeah mine will climb onto his log hide then walk off the end w/ the entrance and just face plant. he's walked off his ramp before too. whatever they must be built for it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Great little tort and fun pic....

One of the adult CDTs here has been dubbed the face plant king....he has absolutely no fear (sense..lol) as he will get to the top of his hide mountain and walk right to the edge if he sees me coming and will stop right at the edge...and he use to get me running because I believed I could unlock the lock...flip the gate lever open the gate and go about 6 feet to him before he simply would stand and step and gravity would usually allow the face plant and quick shuffle before I reached him.....so I stopped having the race and now he seems to only do it about half the time...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.