leaving for a few days

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just going to throw this out there, but when you return, look to increasing the size of your enclosure x 3.

Hopefully the wounds will heal, and then you can put down a good mulchy substrate.

Enjoy your weekend away.

sc
Ok, I'll make sure it's secured before I leave, I also ment to expand his enclose r I'll make sure I do that after I leave. Thanks

howard biolos

He is a sulcata tortoise, 2 years old. I don't have any timers
2 year old sulcate, at about 20 lb, should be ok outside alone for a few days. as long as there are nibbles growing in your yard. I just got back from a three day trip and when she heard the door open and her feeding dish come out so did she.

Redwood City, CA, United States
PERKS!!! That's exactly WHY I chose a sulcata tortoise Am a biker and sometimes i simply just take off spur of the moment..pack my motorcycle and I'm gone for the weekends or wherever. But i live in beautiful sf bay area in Cali and the weather is nice and he has shelter and plenty to eat. But i know the house won't be all torn up and he's not making any noise to disturb the neighbors in my absence...and probably likes the peace and quiet cuz i dote on him to the point of annoyance always taking him to the park or beach or downtown to absorb the warmth from the sidewalk and gets to be petted by all the kids...he digs that...he told me. But at 5 years old that's pretty much teenager years and he's old enough to trust to clean up after the parties I'm always positive he throws when I'm away cuz when i get home he seems absolutely EXHAUSTED from having to dance with that heavy shell on him all night....now if i could just convince him that my motorcycle helmet is not his NEW GIRLFRIEND! ...DARTANIAN, GET OFF OF MY HELMET!! THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S FOR!!

sc
2 year old sulcate, at about 20 lb, should be ok outside alone for a few days. as long as there are nibbles growing in your yard. I just got back from a three day trip and when she heard the door open and her feeding dish come out so did she.

Yoda is 2 years old, but he isn't eva n a pound, but the vet said he is healthy, and right size. Do you think that's true.