Lenne's Bath Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

myssie

5 Year Member
I have been soaking Lenne for about fifteen minutes everyday since she arrive. (two days ago) She is not seeming to like it in her soak. She seems aggetated and fighting to get out. Will she calm down eventually or am I just stressing her out? She is a fiesty one, constantly on the move.

Myssie

mightyclyde

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I know what you mean... our little guys are not content to "soak". More often than not they are racing to climb out of their baths. Maybe its a baby thing?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Greetings, Myssie

You know, my juveniles race around in the bath when they are in the sink, but when I put them outside, I always set them down in their "pond", and walk away... it's then that they take their time, drinking & just lounging for a moment before they are off to chow upon something.

It's like Terra said, no worries; you are doing what is bestest for them.

Have a superb day,
Purpod

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
My baby Leopard seems to enjoy his soak- so far, he has took a good long drink in every one, and he stretches out all his limbs and relaxes.

What temperature is the water that you are using? I keep Quinby's always just slightly warmer than room temp, but never hot. I also only fill his tub just barely up to where his chin is when his head is at rest, so he never has to strain to keep it above water.

Also, this might just be my personal preference, but 15 min sounds sort of long for a bath. The water would probably get pretty cold by then. I take Quinby out after he has had a drink and starts to try to climb out himself.
If you want to be absolutely sure Lenne is hydrated, you could try giving her 2 shorter baths spaced out during the day instead of one long one- she might enjoy it more then.

Both of my Russians hated baths when they were little, but now they relax and enjoy it for at least a little while. Lenne might just need a little time to get used to the idea :)

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
My baby sully didn't like his baths at first either. But look at him now...:D I took this pic as I was reading your post, sorry it's a cell phone pic.

Donniesbath.jpg

Every morning he sits by his water dish, waiting for me to empty and fill it with warm water. I fill it and he climbs in (on his own) and takes about a 20 min soak, spashes around and then naps..:p I use fairly warm water and change it once during his soak so it stays nice and cozy for him. I'm waiting for the day he tells me to get him a drink and a book...Lol.....:D
With time I'm sure it will get better for you and your babe.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.