Leo pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelarned

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I have an opportunity to purchase a 4 and a half inch leo that seems to bein good shape. What is a fair price to offer? Sorry, no pics yet. That's all the info I have on it also. Just need a ball park to start with.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
personally I would say between 100 and 150 but that is just me.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
How smooth is the shell? I'd say anywhere from $200 - $400 depending on the color and smooth shell.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I've purchased two leo's in that range. Paid $175 for one p.b. which was rounder, outgoing and showed a bit of MBD. Paid $250 for another which looked more p.p., had a very smooth shell and it was at a show. Both are doing fantastic.

Good luck with yours! I hope you deal to a fair price. :)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
For a 4" in decent shape, probably $200 ish. Maybe $250 tops. There are some expensive hatchlings you can get for $175-200 (that are only 2-3").

If it's really one you like though and seems to have no to minimal pyramiding I'd say go for it. Is it WC or CB?

kelarned

5 Year Member
California
Seiryu said:
For a 4" in decent shape, probably $200 ish. Maybe $250 tops. There are some expensive hatchlings you can get for $175-200 (that are only 2-3").

If it's really one you like though and seems to have no to minimal pyramiding I'd say go for it. Is it WC or CB?

What does WC or CB mean? Sorry, I'm just not down with all the abbreviations yet :D

I was thinking of offering 150. Don't know whether it is Gpp or Gpb??? Any thoughts. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

1022001019a.jpg1022001019.jpg1022001017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
WC means wild caught and CB means captive bred. If you live in the US, every young Leo will be CB because you cannot legally import WC leo's anymore. Outside of the US, you could be purchasing either kind.

I couldn't open your picture for some reason - maybe computer issue. You will generally pay more for a PP versus the babcocki because they are a bit more rare to find. There are some subtle differences bewteen the breeds, but you will be happy with either type.

After re-booting I was able to view the pictures. My guess is that tort is a babcocki, with some nice blonde color. Did they say how old it is?There is some pyramiding started already, so you'll need to provide a proper environment to keep that in check before it gets worse.

Cute little guy, nice shape. Depending on how bad you want it, I'd offer between $150 and $200 for it. Start low and go up from there.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Sorry about the abbreviations lol!

Looks Babcocki to me. And some decently bad pyramiding. Not the worst i've seen, but I wouldn't consider it even "middle of the road either".

It also has extra scutes, which usually lowers the value of the tortoise.

I agree with Greg, no more than $200, if that though.

kelarned

5 Year Member
California
Thanks,

I made an offer of 175, but he still wanted more. I think I will hold off this time. I think I will save up for a G.p.p. I already have 2 leo hybrids.

Thank you all though. I can't seem to get enough of this new info. Its addicting, learning about these little guys.

I'm hooked

Status
Not open for further replies.