leo winter feeding

David Harmon

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool
As its approaching colder times in the uk i was wondering can you feed leopard tortoise cabbage? or Chinese lettuce along with the weeds am growing at home.

Kasia

Poland
Cabbage nope, bok choy moderate as a part of varied diet. You can try radish or kohlrabi leaves easy to get in UK again as a part of varied diet of course :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cabbage is okay in small amounts once in a while, but I would not rely on it regularly.

I looked up "Chinese lettuce" and its not something we have over here, so I can't comment on that.

The main problem with grocery store foods is lack of fiber and low calcium to phosphorous ratio. You can help by adding some finely blended grass hay or soaked ZooMed Grassland pellets to your daily grocery store greens and supplementing with a tiny pinch of calcium powder two or three times a week. If grocery store greens are a must for you, then favor endive, escarole, and rocket salad. Mix in lots of other stuff when you can like carrot tops, celery tops, collard, mustard and turnip greens, cilantro (coriander), italian dandelion (chicory), radiccio, bok choy, etc...