LEOPARD EGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
today I went to clean out my tortoises and behind one of my girls was what looked like a pile of runny egg yolk ontop of sawdust I could not see a shell just a pile of thick yellow mess could this be a broken egg??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am not sure if this is actually a broken egg, but I have noticed this type of discharge in our females before egg laying begins...which for a lot of leopards is going on right about now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might have been an egg without the shell. This happens frequently before nesting.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Hi yes she has laid another 3 since but they are pinkish in colour and oval but very soft and seem to have sunk in a bit and one she sat on and is totally flat but everything still in tact are these worth incubating I have never had tortoise eggs before

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its always worth it to try to see if they'll hatch. Usually eggs deposited on top of the ground aren't fertile. But sometimes it just means she couldn't find a good spot to dig. So give it a try.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not likely that anything will come of those. Many females do this as they get ready to lay for real for the first time. I call it priming the pump. Just made that up, but it works for me. :)

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Chickens produce a few duds as well in the process of bringing the egg-production machinery into working order.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Are eggs normally soft and sink slightly if it's a good clutch just so I know in the future lol

Status
Not open for further replies.