Leopard hatchling shell questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Just got my new 1 month old leopard in the mail this morning from a member on here called Eweezyfosheezy! He is so perfect, and I love him SO much! I named him Elias. :) I just have a few questions, being that A: I have never gotten a turtle THIS small ever before, and B: I'm new to the leopard world as well! His activity level is great, I've never seen such a spunky little guy! And his appetite is extremely good for having just been in a box all night! He tries to eat everything! And even had a curious nibble on my finger as well! Lol, but my main concern is the shell, it's just a TAD soft, not too bad, but one side is a bit concave.. That, and on his underside the shell is bubbled up in a few places. Is this normal for a hatchling, and so long as I give him lots of soaks, good food and lighting it will fix itself?

Attachments

• image-2497296586.png
    image-2497296586.png
    190 KB · Views: 67
  • image-266593226.png
    image-266593226.png
    870 KB · Views: 63

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrats :) looks fine to me I think what you are seeing is where the yolk sac was

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I think what you see is simply newborn shell. As he grows it should fill out and become more firm. Just make sure he eats and drinks well, poops occasionally, and gets some sunlight or UVB light inside to help the shell grow properly. He's a tiny one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.