Leopard Pattern Changes- Hatchling to 2.5 year old

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I thought it'd be cool to post some photos of Levi and how his pattern has changed over the years. I brought him home at 4weeks old and now he's 2.5 years old. That's going from less than 2inches to 10inches in size! Quite a change occurs in that time ;)

Enjoy!

First day home

idge9c.jpg

New black growth comes quickly!

2urqq2d.jpg

And then the white spots start...

j0l553.jpg

...and keep coming...

2u4qbg9.jpg

2db074o.jpg

2dgov2p.jpg

until eventually he has nice rings of all white growth! (the prettiest phase IMO)

1tlyli.jpg

b8750m.jpg

Now, he's 10months old and has very even black/white spotting

34y1fvc.jpg

Note the look of his underside... This is a confirmed male (wasn't confirmed at the time of this photo..but it might be interesting for some to see his underside from back then)

in4ljm.jpg

Then we celebrate his 1st Birthday...

drw5v.jpg

He's still growing with a fairly even color pattern...(in these next photos he looks the same but look closely, you'll see the changes ;) )

152hvkk.jpg

5m0o6t.jpg

257od1h.jpg

6edg6b.jpg

His 2nd Birthday (no cake this time..lol)

289alg5.jpg

vscox1.jpg

His underside again..(still pre-flash) :p

73cxw7.jpg

More growing. He's getting wider, too

fa0bxy.jpg

Now at 2.5 years old

29uumnt.jpg

The thread of his most recent photos- http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/2-5-year-old-leopard.106633/

Hope you liked seeing the changes! His HIGH WHITE phase (joking..joking..) was my favorite. But I still think he's quite a looker! I wonder how much more growing/changing he has to do.. :) :cool:

(I had more photos for ya...but apparently I couldn't create a thread with more than 20 photos...shucks. sorry!)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice to see the changes like this. I wish I could know how big Tatum will get. At this point with both of them, the growing won't be so obvious I'm sure. I'm hoping Tatum does a lot more growing, but of course will have to wait and see, probably a long time.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Love!!! LOVE!!
His growth has been fantastic and his pattern is gorgeous. I could tell in his first plastron picture he was looking male, and his second yr plastron picture, even more so!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Heather thank you some much for the ammo. I'm not too sure Karen will thank you, but I'll be sure to give you credit.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
That's awesome Monica! Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'm Facebook-less ;)

Ken, you lost me...?... does this mean you are venturing into leopards? :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Heather, aren't you glad you're up here where it's relatively dry?!!! Maybe you got 1/4" vs. the 2"-4" down south got, right? LOL

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Ya, my mom and friends are telling me about their heavy rain..(only in SoCal do 2 days count as heavy rain) but it's only been misty here.
I love it here so much Ken. LOVE it. Southern Oregon is just perfect so far. I still have to test Dec and Jan and haven't seen spring yet (no worries there) but even if these next 2 months are tough...It's only 2 months year.

During the winter, Levi gets to come inside each day for a soak and meal. And his house holds the temps perfectly. So, I'm glad it's just the 1 ;)