Leopard tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Hi I have a male who is constantly getting a runny nose my reptile vet said all the bloods have been done, x rays are fine antibiotics were given as a precaution but weight gain is fine eating fine etc.. But this nose keeps running anyone else had this trouble??

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisle Illinois
Whats the over all temperature and the lowest temperature in the Whole enclosure?

My thought is the over all temperature should be 82F and the lowest 80F, Basking at 95-100F
Have no place in the whold enclosure lower than 80F

If it's not, try it and give it a week. If the runny nose stops please let me know.

Best wishes.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
16 is MUCH too cold. It should never go below 27 and I'd keep it closer to 30 day and night for a sick one. Your vet didn't ask you your temps? Seems odd. Your temps sound fine for a Mediterranean species, but not a leopard in a cold clammy climate.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
since you haven't figured out the cause, i suggest you try the 27-30temp minimum for a little while and see if you notice an improvement.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Yes in Celsius, 27-30 Celsius would be good.
16 Celsius is too cold, wonder why your vet didn't ask you that.
The Leopard tortoise is found in the savannas of southern Africa, a hot climate.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Thankyou I will keep temps higher see if that does anything the temp is the lowest at night time 16 during the day temp does not drop below 30 it's on a timer so I will keep the temps high through the night

Status
Not open for further replies.