Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayripht

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
[/font]
Hello :)

I go by the name Ayripht (Ayri for short). I am from central Alabama and have recently taken in a redfoot tortoise. I am not familiar with these at all, except with what I have red recently online. My sister had this tortoise for about 1 year and then just didn't want it anymore, so when she called me to take it I did. I grew up with a box turtle and thought it'd be nice to have a tortoise in the home (plus I wasn't sure what would happen to the poor thing so I took it straight in).

We call the tortoise Harold, though I'm not completely sure if it is a boy or a girl.

So, that's me and that's why I decided to join this nice forum site.

Thanks!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Lots of good information here.
Go to the home page and scroll down to the 'species specific' section. Look for South American tortoises and go to Redfoots and Yellowfoots. On that site, you will see some articles at the beginning with links to care.
There are also threads with questions and comments specific to the Red and Yellow foots.
Here is one enclosure that has been recently posted that looks really practical and nice:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-ACCIDENTAL-EXPERIMENT#axzz1jgpoSeTM

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome 2 the forum! I am sure you will be able to learn all you need to know from the great people on this forum, I know I have! Good luck to you both! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ayri:

Welcome to the tortoise forum!!

Sorry about the banning. I don't know why that happened, but you're reinstated now.

We have lots of redfoot keepers on the Forum and you'll find plenty of good information.

Ayripht

5 Year Member
Alabama
Thank you all very much, and thanks for un-banning me. HaHa I thought, oh my! What'd I do now. LoL I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about our new tortoise.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.