Light/heat placement in two 4x3x2 enclosures

Tortellini0000

Location (City and/or State)
Vancouver bc
Hi there! I’m looking into closed chamber enclosures and wondering if I was to get two 4x3x2 enclosed enclosures that could be easily put together with or without a divider. How would I place my 4 heating/lighting sources? ( my thoughts would be able to use the one half for the first while and then make it bigger once tort baby is bigger if that makes sense!)

Thanks from a newbie trying to make a solid plan before getting a tortoise 😅

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What species of tortoise?
I take it your looking to get a hatching?
How about considering a pop up greenhouse. You can buy the proper size to last him until a closed chamber is not needed and just block off a portion and move that block as more space is needed. It will be cheaper then probably one of the enclosure you are considering let alone two.
Do a search for ones like in the picture. They come 3 feet wide by up to 9 feet long even 12 feet I think.
1000001354.jpg

Tortellini0000

Vancouver bc
What species of tortoise?
I take it your looking to get a hatching?
How about considering a pop up greenhouse. You can buy the proper size to last him until a closed chamber is not needed and just block off a portion and move that block as more space is needed. It will be cheaper then probably one of the enclosure you are considering let alone two.
Do a search for ones like in the picture. They come 3 feet wide by up to 9 feet long even 12 feet I think.
View attachment 377298
Thanks for the reply

Iv been looking into a star tortoise. My husband is in construction so he’s pretty handy. I’m also from BC Canada so my winters can be cold (not as cold as some places in Canada tho) so I was thinking short term and long term when the tort has to stay indoors

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just so you do understand the pop up greenhouse. We use them inside not outside. It can be used outside when they are big enough to go outside for the day, used for an added hot/warm humid area.

Tortellini0000

Vancouver bc
Just so you do understand the pop up greenhouse. We use them inside not outside. It can be used outside when they are big enough to go outside for the day, used for an added hot/warm humid area.
Oh that’s good to know! I’d didn’t think about them for use outside but for sure would be helpful for the 4 seasons we get here