lighting for indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoopkamol

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
having issues keeping humidity at a high%.

have enclosu aprox 3/4 of enclosure with a wood frame covered in plexiglass. would do 100% but need to give lights for plants and uva/uvb and worried about shorting out fixtures with high humidity?

so question is what kind of lights you can use in a fully enclosed table and still meet the requirements of uv rays?

i added an zoomed fogger to try and stabalize humidity but still goes from 45%-95% humidity. (tortoise is redfoot cherry)

any help would be greatly appriciated
:tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You can use a flourescent for UVB and ceramic heat emitters for heat. Check out the threads below. They are Toms for sulcatas and leopards, but it should help you with the humidity part.

zoopkamol

5 Year Member
right now i got a heat lamp bulb which i am gonna switch too a ceramic heater and a coil florescent UVB/UVA bulb.
the links you have are a great read and gave me a few ideas.

Encloserure is 36"wide 60"long and 22"high. i have a substrate about 4"deep at low point to 7"at deepest. substrate is a coco coir/reptibark mix. there is also 8 or 9 live pothos plants in enclosure and a Zoo-med fogger set to go on multiple times during the day.

i was trying to figure a way to fully enclose table and still provide UVB/UVA lighting and going outside atm in Canada not the best option. I read UVB light wont pass through glass/plexi-glass. so i wanted to look into lighting to go inside enclosure and still be safe to my precious. just wanna do everything i can to accomidate my tort.
:tort:

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
My enclosure in constructed in a way that has the lights built under the top.
There is an aquarium light Reptisun 5.0 that sits across the top.
I got the ideas from this forum, especially "Redstrike"
My humidity is 70%+
Good luck

zoopkamol

5 Year Member
ok i try few ideas i read up on and see if i can mount safely the lights under the top. and ill try to get camera to co-operate and take few pics of updated enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.