Lighting

Changa

Location (City and/or State)
Ca
I broke the night bulb dumbing me and kinda nervous going to the local feed or pet store which may not know much of Tortoise. Need help have 2yr, 1 yr Sulcatas

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Hi,

Welcome! I'm confused on what your asking. Are you wondering which bulb to purchase?

Tell us about your tortoises. What are their diets? Temperatures in the enclosure? Are they housed together?

Also, try to post a picture of your enclosure/s.

Best,

Thomas

Last edited:

Changa

Ca
826FD1E4-CF6C-452B-9BFB-F6BF24B5BF14.jpeg
Hi,

Welcome! I'm confused on what your asking. Are you wondering which bulb to purchase?

Tell us about your tortoises. What are their diets? Temperatures in the enclosure? Are they housed together?

Also, try to post a picture of your enclosure/s.

Best,

Thomas

Changa

Ca
Yes which bulb to buy and yes the housed togethet this may not be the right but seems to work no troubles
I am new to this and looked for information re:
Their diet at the moment store bought Romane lettuce (i know)i am reading the material Josh has posted i m getting educated on them and I am going to start to feed a variety weeds and grasses for them
Their temp are or were 80 but I am concerned was up at 3:30?this morning soaking them

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because you're "new to this," you probably don't know how to read the signs. " Cuddling", "snuggling", sleeping together, are all signs of bullying, of one tortoise telling the other, "mine!! Get out!!"

I use a fluorescent UVB light placed over the center of the habitat. When the timer turns that one off in the evening the radiant heat panel (heat without light) comes on to keep the enclosure warm at night. Because I have my baby set up in a closed chamber the light and its ballast keep the temperature where it needs to be and I don't need extra light for day heat.

Changa

Ca
image.jpg Can u see Dorey it’s seem to getting rays
Ok well I am going to the pet shop in just lit awhile thank u

Changa

Ca
Thank u:)
Because you're "new to this," you probably don't know how to read the signs. " Cuddling", "snuggling", sleeping together, are all signs of bullying, of one tortoise telling the other, "mine!! Get out!!"

I use a fluorescent UVB light placed over the center of the habitat. When the timer turns that one off in the evening the radiant heat panel (heat without light) comes on to keep the enclosure warm at night. Because I have my baby set up in a closed chamber the light and its ballast keep the temperature where it needs to be and I don't need extra light for day heat.
yvonne
They seemed to stay out of each other ways like u can see Dorey is out catching rays and Donna is in

Changa

Ca
image.jpg

Changa

Ca
I am reading up but it wasn’t what I needed. Learning everyday, thanks

Changa

Ca
I'd go for a CHE to answer your heat question. Ceramic heat emitter 100 watt set on a thermostat.
Danielle I didn’t buy the heat emitter I bought the day and night bulbs (100wt)
May invest later thank u