Lola again

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Ok so Lola seems to be doing better. She goes under the basking light for about ten minutes then goes to the opposite side to her log for about 30. So I guess I need to turn down the basking temp, even though she only stays at it when its at 94. Im going to soak her and try to feed her again tonight. But I did have another question, sorry lol. I need to order different substrate, I have her on pellets because thats what the pet shop had her on. I went to Petsmart and they only had like two left, sand and aspen bedding. I was going to mix some coir bricks with sand. Is this what everyone else does?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I used to use coir and sand, but I recently switched to just coir. The sand was getting everywhere and made the tubs super heavy.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Texas
SHE'S EATING!!!! I gave her a mix of cactus, zucchini, spring mix, and mustard greens and she is eating the spring mix. I watched her for about 3 minutes as she just sat there by the food and as soon as I went to leave I saw her take some zucchini out of her dish and bite at it and then some spring mix. Leaving her alone for a couple of minutes to let her eat. Going to feed her much earlier tomorrow and soak her earlier too. I also put some Repti Cal and D3 on top of her food.

MichelleCarrigan78

10 Year Member!
Minnesota
I recently changed substrates and went to coir, I dont mix it with anything either. I LOVE IT! MUCH cleaner, and lighter than the topsoil/sand I was using. Im sure you wont be dissapointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.