London Marathon 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
Ok so i am an avid London marathon fan! I have watched it for years and years now, and i think it started when i used to run as a county fell runner when i was eight till about fifteen.

So this year, Mara Yamatuchi is looking very good :D. There is some good competition from Germanay, Russia, Japan, Romania, China, Ethiopia. We have two Team GB women in the top ten. Running at a 2:15 pace at the moment. I dont think the USA are good in marathons. I watch a fair few and they dont seem to figure in the top 10 elite women (i dont follow the men so much, but i dont think they have a strong foothold there either).

Of course, my favorite GB Gold runner Paula Radciffe is out this year due to pregnancy :( and is the all time fastest womens London marathon runner.

At the Beijing olympics i woke up at 3am to watch Paula! So excited for 2010 and hopes on team GB having gold and silver. Yes thats right, we actually are good and some things :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Of course England are "good at some things". Football!! comes to mind.

Cricket. Tennis. Tea. Colonialism.

Speaking English.

Best of luck to the marathon competitors. It's one of those brutal races that very few will ever endeavor, and most of us can't even imagine being able to accomplish. ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Americans don't like to run, we prefer to drive, now exscuse me I got to drive to the mail box to get my mail.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(And his mail box is mounted on the outside of the front of his house!!)

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Yeah, i noticed that. Maybe thats why there is more obesity in the states. Now, who would have thought?!:p

S

stells

I have never quite understood why anyone would want to run that far...

My sister has completed the London Marathon twice... MAD... its fun apparently...

I only run if i really have too... usually when i am late for the bus...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wil only run if I am being chased by a animal, monster, or ex GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.