lonely luie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

luieluiehus

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Cali
I have a sulcata named luie whom is about 5 years old. he is living outside fenced in our yard with an old play house as his home. he used to live with our bunny, they got along very well and were always following eachother around. but sadly our bunny has recently died and ever since then ive noticed luie hasnt been as active as usual, and he typically stays in his house most of the day. so i was thinking about getting another sulcata to keep luie company and hopefully cheer him up. but i have read that if you keep 2 together they will fight. but ive been reading on here and it seems many people have more than one sulcata. i was wondering if someone could give me some advice and help me out?
thank you
:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Why not get Luie another bunny companion? Two sulcatas, when raised together, will live in harmony for a while, but eventually and more than likely, they will fight. Doesn't matter if its two males, two females or a male and female. They just don't like to share! You'll notice that when your tortoise gets bigger. He won't even like to have YOU in his area!

Yvonne

luieluiehus

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Northern Cali
thats a very good idea indeed. dont know why i didnt think of that
but on the other hand I want another sulcata really bad! and it seems like there are tons of them in need of homes and id love to give one a wonderful home
thanks for your help!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.